VA-APSE: The Network on Employment is a membership organization formed in 1988 as the Association for Persons in Supported Employment to improve and expand integrated employment opportunities, services, and outcomes for persons experiencing disabilities.
To accomplish this mission, VA-APSE:
- Provides advocacy and education to customers of supported employment
(SE), i.e. supported employment professionals, consumers and their
family members, and supported employers.
- Addresses issues and barriers which impede the growth and
implementation of integrated employment services.
- Improves supported employment (SE) practice so that individuals and
communities experience SE as a quality service with meaningful outcomes.
- Promotes national, state, and local policy development which enhances
the social and economic inclusion and empowerment of all persons
experiencing severe disabilities.
- Educates the public and the business community on the value of including
persons experiencing severe disabilities as fully participating community